Spring Up Your Life!




There's a little boutique in the town that I live in called Ophelia. On the corner of the street with marble pillars and big bright windows. Windows with mannequins in little dresses and skirts and pants. It is almost never crowded and always beautiful. And in the window for weeks upon weeks, I stared at this particular dress in the window. I showed my mom when we drove past together, I gawked at it when shopping with a friend. She bought a maroon jumpsuit and I sighed because of my two dollars and that little dress that seemed to taunt me.

So I went back to that boutique on the corner at the beginning of March. I ran to the last dress that I saw, a large LAST CHANCE sign hanging near it. It was a small, and I was so upset! but the lovely girl working that day showed me a mannequin that was in the window who was wearing that dress. She was wearing MY dress, because it was my size and I was way too excited about that. So of course I bought it!

One of my sweet best friends is a pretty stellar photographer, if I do say so myself. So this past Saturday, we decided to go out and about taking pictures in this dress. Don't worry, I got him that free Panera lemonade. We also took photos for an art project, and you just have to know that those turned out amazing!

This dress is figure flattering and so stunning on. The color blocking element of the dress is one of the elements that I love most about it. It is just amazing. Millennial pink pink sleeves, yellow torso, black collar and skirt. And GUESS. WHAT?! The dress ties together in the back in a little bow that, if you ask me, just makes it so much cuter. Why is everything so much better with a bow?!





This dress gives me some Mid-Century Modern vibes. Maybe it's the high collar or the sleeves, or even the shape and fit of the dress. Let's just say that it's all of it combined! I decided to pair the dress with a yellow purse from Old Navy. I also paired it with a pair of nude wedges. They're my mom's and she was in Australia in the time that we took these photos, so SHH don't tell her.



We took a few photos in a local Chocolate shop called Sweetheart Chocolates. And it was just too cute! Small and quaint and it smelled like all things yummy and delicious. We bought the chocolate covered oreos which are personal favorites of mine!


This is seriously the perfect dress for Springtime. I already have planned to wear it for three other events and, like, can those happen now? I just want to live in this dress!

Shoutout to my bestie Ryan for tolerating me, taking pictures of me, and also buying those oreos. And thank you Sweetheart Chocolates for letting us take pictures in your store!

XOXO

No comments