Happily Ever After | WDW 2017




You walk through the gates of the Magic Kingdom. The sweltering heat of the summer is licking at your face, your neck, even the backs of your knees. Main Street USA is there in all of its glory. It smells like candy and waffle cones and everything gorgeous and sweet, and you just want to bottle up the scent. At the center is the castle. Picture perfect: sun shining down from behind the tallest peak of Cinderella's Castle. You stand there, relishing. In the sweet smell, the jovial music, the view of Magic Kingdom that makes your stomach tickle.

You are happy. Sweaty and sunburned and happy.

Many of you know that I LOVE Disney. Movies, music, books, fashion. You name it, I've probably got it or seen it or heard it at least once. It's just been a part of me for as long as I can remember. I used to dress up in Belle's red dress from Belle's Enchanted Christmas. I used to play a Disney CD in my hello kitty radio as bedtime came, trying to get to sleep before Ursula's Poor Unfortunate Souls started because the tune used to scare me. I'm a seasoned Disney professional.

For my Sweet Sixteen, we wanted a WDW Trip. But since my twin and I are Geminis, born in the heat of summer, we decided against a summer trip. Florida in the middle of summer? No thank you. We decided to go in September and hit up Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for the second time. The Halloween party is AMAZING and definitely a favorite of mine. So of course I would want a Halloween party as my own birthday party!

I don't want to bore you with a week in my Disney life, so I will try to keep things relatively short. Our week started off with the party, and the very next day, we checked in to The Beach Club. Oh. Em. Gee. I want to move in to The Beach Club, I want to bottle up the smell and spray it all over my body as a perfume. It's a short walk to Epcot and a pleasant boat ride to Hollywood Studios. AKA my two favorite parks. The pool is nice, the people are lovely, and you really do feel like you are at the beach. It's so amazing.


I am a food fiend. That may be why my hips don't lie at this point in my life. I love all different types of food from all different places. So, I just have to tell you that my most favorite place to eat at in Disney World is San Angel Inn Restaurante. I walked into the Epcot Mexico pavilion two years ago in January. The smells and the sights and the people just made me smile. I also felt extremely hungry. We were in a rush and didn't stay for any special meals, but I kept that restaurant in mind.

The next trip, as soon as we could get our dining reservations with the Dining Plan, I knew exactly what I wanted. And I was not disappointed! It was my favorite meal of the trip. Everything was so so so delicious. If I could eat those plantains every day for the rest of my life, I definitely would. Not to mention that their cheesecake was delicious and amazing and I definitely felt like an honorary golden girl.



Aside from loving food, I really do love roller coasters. I'm an adrenaline junkie in the safest form of the word. Roller coasters are probably as cool as it gets for me. I love fast roller coasters that flip upside down in the dark (Rock n' Roller Coaster). I love slower roller coasters that feel classic and tell a story (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train). I love scary stories and drops (Tower of Terror). I love it all. I was most excited to ride Flight of Passage in Pandora.

From the very first time that I heard WDW would be adding to Animal Kingdom, I was excited. Don't get me wrong; I like Animal Kingdom. Notice how I didn't say love? It is just a half day, three star park to me. But that Pandora addition though!

Pandora captured my heart from the very beginning. Every rock, every leaf, every light has so much thought and beauty behind it. It feels like you are stepping into the Avatar film. I was looking for my own personal Jake Sully behind every tree. It is so stunning. Shoutout to Joe Rohde and all of the other Imagineers behind he project!

Now, to Flight of Passage. The queue was incredibly long, but honestly, it was worth it. I would wait eight years to ride Flight of Passage again. It is a crazy trip! It's so realistic. You feel like you are actually there, on the back of a Banshee, flying through Pandora. There's water and sound and every time that freaking Banshee breathes, I scream a little. It feels so real! It was one of the highlights of the trip for me- I never wanted to get off and I just wanted to ride again and again.




Hopefully, this post taught you something. Like which resort would make a great perfume, and which restaurant has the best plantains, and which roller coaster actually breathes. While my trip wasn't just these three things, they certainly highlighted the whole thing and made it that much better. I miss Disney always and always want to go back. Who's going to take me next?

XOXO






No comments