5 Books That Changed My Life




If we've never met before, let me introduce myself. Hi, Hello, I'm Grace and I'm an avid reader. I like reading stand alone books and series. I like to read late at night or early in the day with a cup of coffee. My genres and book interests change as the seasons do. I've read plenty of classics, plenty of romance, plenty of fantasy novels in my reading career. But everyone has those books that touched them somewhere deep inside, that changed them and inspired them and made them think. And I know that I have at least five of those particular books.


5. Girl Code: Gaming, Going Viral, and Getting It Done

I just want to start off by saying that I really really want to be best friends with Andrea Gonzales and Sophie Houser. They are the masterminds behind this amazing Autobiography. Girl Code is one of the first memoirs that I've ever read, and it is so inspiring. I love boss babes, I love strong independent women that know what they want and go for it. This story is exactly that! It made me interested in programming and coding and I wanted to grow up to be just like the for a hot minute. It's so inspiring and I think that every young girl interested in STEM should read this story.

4. Fear Street: Killer's Kiss

Another series that I was absolutely entranced by was Fear Street by R.L. Stine. In the fourth and fifth grade, I probably had about three friends. We were all what you would probably call "weird", and so when we found the Fear Street novels in the school library, we were so stoked. It was like we had a little book club. We would read a book from the series, call each other and talk about it. Talk about it at lunch and recess and everything in between. It was so much fun! Killer's Kiss was one of my favorites from the series and is one that I remember the most.

3. The Hunger Games

I'm sure that everyone has read this series and has considered Suzanne Collins their book bestie. I think that the Hunger Games is the series that really really made me love reading. I loved and hated and sympathized with characters. I wanted more for my favorites and boy did I want to kiss Peeta Mellark! (Honestly, still do. Except now I also love Finnick soooooooo) The Hunger Games made me fall in love with sitting at home to finish reading a book. I felt like Katniss was my best friend and I wanted nothing but good things for her. It also made me fall in love with Dystopian novels, which was quite exciting!

2. Bridge to Terabithia

Ugh. Katherine Paterson reached into my ten year old chest, wrapped her cold hands around my heart, and just YANKED it out. I remember reading this story in my fifth grade class. It was the first book that ever made me feel such strong emotions. It was the first book that ever made me cry my freaking eyes out. If books aren't your thing, the Bridge to Terabithia movie is actually pretty good. But please please please read the book. It will change your life forever.

1. The Outsiders

This. Book. It's got to be one of my absolute favorites of all time. I've read it so many times, and each time I find something new to love and focus on. The characters, I feel, each have one attribute that I relate to. Ponyboy's love for writing and words, Two-Bit's too big mouth. The story of friendship is inspiring. The close knit family is so incredibly lovable. S.E. Hinton, thanks girl.

So those were just a few of the books that made me who I am today. I would love to hear about what you've read and what you love to read! What books keeps you crawling back for more?


XOXO

No comments