My People Dress Me For A Week


You know those special days when ideas are just flowing like they are meant to and you are excited for the future content of your blog? The day that this idea struck me was one of those days. I decided that I wanted my bestest, closest, most admired friends to choose my outfits for an entire week. Much like those buzzfeed articles, those YouTube videos, but in my real life. I was going to go through the week, wearing outfits that my people had proposed, hopefully not complaining or freezing my butt off.

There were no rules, really. My friends were told to dress me in whatever they wanted to see me in. Whatever they thought I would look good in, whatever they wanted to put me in to push my stylistic envelope. It was a cold week and that was a big hurdle to jump over for most of the candidates.

Sunday's outfit was by Emilee Goldsmith. Emilee is a sophomore and we dance at the studio together. She's been a close friend of mine for a while now. She took me back to church again when I needed it, and we love to sing Seasons Of Love in the car together. So, like, an A1.

She probably had the warmest day of the week, but she had dressed me as though it was thirty degrees. And that was totally fine for me! Honestly, I would never ever wear this outfit. Like, ever. It's not my style. The sweater she had picked out, a cranberry XL sweater from Old Navy, had been pushed to the back of my closet as my style evolved and my sizing went down. She paired it with a red blanket scarf, light wash denim jeans, and brown boots. I feel like the boots give me duck feet, but maybe that's just me. 

I think Emilee did a pretty good job picking this outfit. Mostly because it was pushing the envelope of stuff that I would wear. I would call this outfit a mom outfit because I'm pretty sure I've seen every mom wear this at least once. It's a little too subdued for my actual style, but it was a nice change for my usually crazy and outgoing self.



One of my best friends, Emily Gosling, had the privilege of dressing me on Monday. Emily isn't my longest friend. In fact, I've literally known her since May 23rd of this year. But it's a well-known fact that I just trust her with my life, and my fashion.

Emily pretty much dressed me like herself on Monday. It was a chilly day and I had a radio interview for The Nutcracker Ballet. She put me in a denim skirt and a turtleneck, adidas on my feet and hoops in my ears. A wrist scrunchie just in case.

This was the outfit that I met my new pup Elvis in. There was an ice storm coming and my mom made me put sweatpants in the car just in case we were to get stuck on the highway. Spoiler alert: we didn't.

But I would totally wear this outfit again! It's cute and simple and I could do so many things. An interview, a job. School. A funeral. You name it, this outfit could probably do it.



Tuesday was Parker Bowman's day. The boneman. To make a long story short, I love this boy. A lot. He and his friends took part in the spring production at our dance studio, and the rest is history. Will I marry him someday? Fingers crossed.

Any way, Parker had to dress me on a day that I didn't have class. And I was totally thinking he was going to have me turn out some looks because I would consider him very stylish. But he decided to put me in leggings and a sweatshirt. "Bingo." My mom was judging this outfit hardcore. Even SHE expected more from the actual love of my life. (Also, I should stop calling him that to save us all.)

Parker claimed that his outfit wouldn't be the coolest, but it would be the comfiest. And he was right. It was a great relaxing day outfit. A good ole nap outfit. All I had to do on that Tuesday was head to rehearsal for the musical, and I was totally fine. Splits were allowed. It was a great time.




Humpday was for Ryan Fuemmeler. Ryan has been one of my best friends for so long. He is sweet, funny, kind. He keeps me on my toes. He pushes me forward. He calls me out on my BS and keeps me in line and honestly, if he wasn't around, I don't know what I would do.

So, I knew his outfit was going to be popping. And it was, really. He dressed me in an outfit that he had seen me wear once before that he loved. The only problem was it was freaking FREEZING on Wednesday. We were expecting snow. I think my midriff got frostbite and my thighs got all weird and tingly. But I was serving. My makeup looked good, I felt good. My windbreaker from Goodwill did everything but actually break the wind that day, but it was fine. It was fine because Ryan said I looked good. He even apologized for freezing me out.




The Thursday outfit was brought to you by none other than Hunter Reece. I met her in the first play that I was ever a part of, and really, she is one of my best friends. She is so much fun to be around, and I couldn't imagine my life without her at this point.

And that's why I feel SO BAD that she got a snow day!! She would've popped on such a cute and good look if it wasn't for that meddling snow. She wanted to keep me comfy since we didn't have class, and since I didn't have a matching tracksuit like she so wanted, she put me in sweats and my comfiest sweatshirt. And that was that.

I will say, I definitely was comfy. I definitely popped on a nap. I want Hunter to have a good ole chance and pick a good class outfit because I know that she isn't always sweats and sweatshirts for me. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.






My Best Friend Abby Jent was in charge of Friday's outfit. Abby and I have been through a lot together. Prom and summer and car rides and boys and everything in between. She's my rock, really.

So before I explain this outfit, I have to tell you she was almost CUT from the week. She wanted to dress me like 2010. T-shirt and skinny scarf. Bootcut jeans. Flats. Actual high school musical garbage. I cried a bit and she caved. And that's how you work your tears.

 Anyway, we were going to see the High School play and she wanted to keep me casual and cute. And really, that's exactly what I got. I loved this outfit, probably because I've worn it once before. Mom jeans from goodwill and a cute choker collared sweater, with a necklace that says baby girl. Black booties, which I seem to always wear to every production where I am the audience member. She wanted my hair straight and she wanted my makeup to be the star, and I think that we definitely accomplished that.

This outfit is definitely great for all sorts of things, too. It makes me feel good and makes me feel cute while still remaining simple. Of course, I would wear this outfit again.



Bridget Bone was in charge of Saturday's outfit, which I didn't actually get around to wearing until Wednesday of the next week. Bridget is a sophomore but she's still my freshie. She is one of my closest sisters. She's welcomed me into her life and her home and I want her mom to adopt me secretly.

Bridget wanted me to look, and I quote, "I want kinda sexy and also subtle and such. Maybe fishnets?" So that's what we did. I popped fishnets on under a pair of holey high waisted jeans. Bridget loves me in red, so I did a red crop top and a black belt.

Okay, omg. I seriously love this outfit. So much. Like, Bridget really did that. Abby Jent, who is one of Bridget's closest friends (we're all in a group together) was surprised to see that this was a Bridget look. It was so cute! I got so many compliments at school. It was one of my favorites to wear.


So to wrap it all up, I had a lot of fun during that week. Really, I did. There were so many different styles to sport.

Through polls, the favorite outfit was Abby Jent's look. That didn't surprise me. I think it was the most flattering on me, and it didn't push the envelope for the viewers too much. My personal favorite, though, had to have been the Bridget look. Like, I would totally wear that again. It was so stinking cute!

Would I do this again? Absolutely. Maybe in the summer, maybe with different people involved. I just love to see how people want me to dress. I love the variety in style and I love that each person was so eager to go ahead and do this little experiment with me. It was so much fun!

XOXO

No comments